Why work at Camden Promise Charter School?
We are the largest network of charter schools in the City of Camden, serving approximately 2,000 students in grades K-12. We focus on our commitment to excellence at every grade level. In order to make this happen, our faculty finds themselves teaching small classes in modern facilities using the latest high-tech educational tools in a textbook-free environment.
What you can expect as an educational professional here:
- Access to our available benefit options including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- A focus on fostering strong partnerships between school, family, and the community
- Support from our collective of hard-working, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy coming to work as much as their students enjoy school
In addition, we offer meaningful Professional Development opportunities to our faculty:
- Professional Development: to ensure our educators continue to strengthen their teaching practices throughout their career, we provide an average of fourteen days of effective professional development to the entire staff.
- Classroom Walkthroughs: our principals conduct an average of three observations per classroom each year to provide valuable dialogue and share best practices between teachers and administration.
- In-Class Observation: school administrators conduct regular classroom visits throughout the year in part to become familiar with the teachers’ instructional practices, increase awareness of classroom happenings, and to help prevent classroom gaps and inconsistencies.
- Tuition Reimbursement: our network firmly believes that the education process never stops. Standing behind this principle, our network offers tuition reimbursement for teachers who attend graduate school
- Professional Learning Communities: our team of educators meet regularly to share expertise and work collaboratively to improve teaching skills and the academic performance of students.
- Health & Wellness Program: we provide employees a free nutritionist visit, access to our community garden-fresh fruits and vegetables, exercise in our Olympic size pool, free strength training, and a 50% reimbursement for race registrations. Taking part in our school Health & Wellness programming improves staff productivity, decreases employee absenteeism, and decreases employee health care costs.
- Financial Wellness: in partnership with Equavex and Voya Financial, our staff has access to the latest financial online and mobile innovation solutions to assist with planning, investing, protecting, and attaining financial wellness.