Clubs, Academics, & Activities Guiding Principles
Camden's Charter School Network envisions a learning community which:
- Demonstrates personal and academic excellence;
- Provides a personalized education to improve student performance;
- Establishes community partnerships and expands the classroom beyond the school;
- Creates a circle of support for each student;
- Educates the whole person--intellectually, emotionally, physically, and ethically;
- Integrates technology in daily learning.
We believe that extra-curricular activities, such as clubs and activities, are an integral part of establishing a culture of educational excellence and support for the whole child that extends beyond the classroom. Participation in clubs and activities at school has the benefit of improving student outcomes – including attendance, participation in class, sense of self-efficacy, and academic performance.
In addition, through participation in athletics, performing arts, leadership, enrichment programs, clubs and service activities, students interact with peers in ways that benefit all participants and strengthen the overall culture of the school.
Definition of Clubs and Activities – We offer a range of clubs and activities. In general, we believe a school-based activity is optional and falls outside of our regular academic course work. These offer an ongoing activity or opportunities for participation over the course of weeks or months, not a one-time event.
Major categories of Camden's Charter School Network Clubs and Activities include those with a focus on:
- Performing Arts
- Community Service Activities
Our Clubs and Activities take place before or after school as well as during the school day.
Some examples for clarification:
- Band and Drama
- BETA Club
- Dance Teams
- Forward Thinkers
- National Honor Society
- Running Club
- School Sport Teams
- STEAM Thinkers
If interested, please contact your child's school to learn more about our clubs and activities programming.